Friday, February 01, 2008

WOW! I can't believe it's already February 2008!!!

Winter is still among us. As I sit here, my windows are getting pelted with ice and freezing rain, and the pathways across campus are extremely slippery. I'm sorry this new blog posting is a bit delayed. I had been hoping to work on it over Bonus Weekend, but unfortunately have been out of commission with a horrible sinus infection for the past week. Many students on campus have the sniffles, but now that I'm feeling better I wanted to share some recent photos with you.

The theme of this page is that we LOVE the parents of the boys in our dorm. Each of you in your own way has contributed to making this dorm the community that it is, whether it's donating food for a Sunday night meeting, dropping off goodies when you drop off your son, helping us pull off the best dessert social on campus during family weekend etc...

This page emphasizes a couple fun parental donations that we have enjoyed this year.

Just before Christmas vacation, Harris' parents brought up two six-foot long subs for the dorm to share!



Not only did they bring up subs...they brought, chips, soda, plates, napkins and all the yummy fixings to make the best subs ever.

Here Orlando and Mark (who don't even currently live in our dorm), and Griffin and Harris anxiously await the arrival of the subs...



Ripley...


Harry...


Andrew...


Ben...


Thank you Neville and Andrea for the delicious subs and food!!!

Another wonderful donation that we have all been enjoying recently is the addition of a basketball shooting competition game in our common room! Thank you Dave's parents (Maschi and Stephen) for this awesome donation!

Here Ben takes on Tyler (Tyler definitely won this match up)...


Kelly and Scott...


Scott and Amir...


Greg...


Dylan and Tyler...


Dylan shows off his form...


Dylan and Griffin...


Jon looks on...


On another evening in the dorm, Harry and Johnathan await their turn to get at the brownie plate....


Jake and Dylan enjoy their brownies...


Andrew and Louis...


Brooks (I thought he would kill me if I put this picture up on the blog, but he actually really likes it!)...


Matt and Dave...


Last night was a very disappointing night for many of us Patriots fans in the dorm, although we do have some hard-core Giants fans who were very excited about the outcome of the Superbowl.

We purchased lots of chips, dips, pizzas and sodas for the boys to enjoy during the big game...


Louis and Mansfield taking advantage of all the junk food...


Ben borrowed a HUGE projector and set it up in his apartment for a lifesize viewing of the game...


Although Tom Brady let many of us down, it was a fun evening overall...



The last piece of dorm news is that there will be a new member of MLS next year! Scott and I are expecting a baby in early August. YAY!!!!!


Thank you again for all the wonderful parental support you provide this dorm. We are very appreciative of your efforts.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Lindsey - these pictures are awesome and the b-ball game looks like great fun for the guys!
Congrats to you and Scott!!
Holly Walters

 

Post a Comment

<< Home